Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Hurricane Katrina

So as the stories come in from Louisiana about the damage from this latest natural disaster, it is becoming more apparent that this is a national emergency. My father actually lives in Baton Rouge, but thankfully he and my family there weathered the storm with no damage to the house or them, just lots of debris to clean up. The news stories are just horrific seeing places I've been to just disappear from the map. The road my father used to get to work and pick me up from the airport in New Orleans is basically just gone. The lake picked up peaces of it and moved them to who knows where. I'm still in a debate about whether I should get off my lazy butt and do something about it, since I've always wanted to do something for my fellow countrymen. So if you read about me dropping out of school for the semester to go to New Orleans and help with the relief effort, don't be too surprised...

No comments: