Tuesday, June 14, 2005

The Goal Heard 'Round the World

For anyone out there that somehow doesn't know, soccer is at the very top of my list of favorite things. I've played ever since I was 5 years old and if I could actually drive longer than a year at a time I would probably still be playing seriously now. Anyway this past weekend there were 2 amazing games on; the first was Argentina vs. Brazil, and the second was USA vs. Panama. Another known fact is that I cheer for both Argentina and the USA, unless they end up playing each other then I have to sit and hope that the US team gets lucky against Argentina, lol. Back to the games this weekend, in the first game Argentina managed to score 2 goals in the first 7 minutes of the game securing a decent lead that lasted the rest of the game with a final score of 3-1. This guarantees them a spot in the World Cup now as the first place team from the South American group. In the second game the US pretty much dominated the entire game to beat Panama 3-0. Thus securing their place in the World Cup also, now they just have to fight for first place in the North American Division against Mexico. Check back every now and then and I'll probably go into more detail about my past soccer history and why I love the game so much.

No comments: