
Albiceleste - From what I can find out the rough translation is "white and light blue". Lately I had been seeing this in a lot of news articles pertaining to the World Cup and it sparked my interest when I learned it is commonly used as the name of the Argentine national soccer team. Which makes perfect sense when you put together the fact that Argentina's national colors are white and light blue. I guess in the past I have heard names for other national teams, like the Australian socceroos, but for some reason I just couldn't place this one until I was hit over the head with it. Anyways, Argentina has started the Confederations Cup strong with a win over the African champs Tunisia while Germany defeated Australia. On a last note, I hope the weather clears up soon here, if it keeps storming like this I won't get my chance to go surfing on Friday, which as you'll find out is one of my other outlets...

No comments:
Post a Comment